Well, I thought that I’d be getting into Los Angeles on Sunday morning. As it turns out, I was gravely mistaken. My flight actually comes in the morning after! Nooo!!! I’m a little bummed because I want to get back ASAP. I just want to get back into the swing of things, as far as school and GOC is concerned. I just miss everybody very very much.
But in other news, I’m just prepping my stuff to go back. And believe me, a whole summer accumulates a great deal of “stuff”. (books, clothes, etc.) I have the feeling that I’ll be lugging a whole lot of stuff home from the airport. (sigh)
I’m currently reading “Radical Womanhood” by Carolyn McCulley and “Night and Day” by Virginia Woolf simultaneously. Can we say “paradox”? I’ve been thinking of Biblical Woman’s Studies. I wish there was a Christian University/College with a program like that. I think that it would be so beneficial to so many women (and men!). Maybe if the Lord allows me to get a PhD in literature and continue my education, I can design a program like that. Now, what would a program like that have? Hmm….
1. A Christ-centered focus
2. A realistic view of sin
3. An exhaustive history of American feminism
4. Female Biblical character examples
5. Study of a woman’s Biblical expectations
6. Feminist literature matched with Christian literature
7. Overviews of movements, categories, cultural dynamics.
8. Study of Church government and structure
9. Global “feminism” and Feminine Culture.
10. Social consciousness (AIDS/Sex Trafficking/Rape awareness)
11. A lot of prayer.